Monday, November 8, 2010

Drug War

The Drug war on the borders is an ongoing issue in Texas that is somewhat overlooked on a national level. I read Border and Drug Trafficking by my fellow classmate Margaret Falcon. The editorial is informative but to me just gives a vague look at the issue at hand and lack more detail that would grab the reader’s attention. I think that a little more personal views and thoughts on the subject would strengthen the article and make it more personal to the author.
I do agree with the article based on the fact that the ongoing drug war on the Texas/Mexico border is getting out of control. The use of strong points like the killing of innocent people and people being allowed to cross border lines because of this bring this issue to life because regular people are being affected. Although the article suggests that the U.S. and Mexico are working to come to a resolution for the problem at hand a more in-depth description to these issues would help strengthen and give these points creditability.
All in this entire article to me is a good article it’s short, informative, and to the point. To me this article is very relevant and important to me and all Texans. More attention needs to be paid to this subject by our national government because the issue has out grown our Texas government.

No comments:

Post a Comment